COVID-19 has caused major changes on every level for businesses in every sector. When it comes to office cleaning and sanitizing, the communal-use areas and high-touch points in your office now need to be cleaned and disinfected regularly and frequently. ServiceMaster of Hamilton/Wentworth & Brantford provides professional office cleaning and sanitizing services including telephone sanitizing and cleaning and sanitizing for computer workstations and other high-traffic locations in your office, to help prevent the outbreak and transmission of infectious disease in workplaces.
While some areas of offices such as door handles, elevator buttons, reception areas are more prone to harbour bacteria, it turns out that phones, desks and computer keyboards and accessories are the worst offenders. A study conducted by environmental microbiologist Dr. Charles Gerba at the University of Arizona, found that an office desk can have almost 21,000 germs per square inch and phones more than 25,000 germs per square inch. Compare that to the average office toilet seat that has 49 germs per square inch.1
ServiceMaster of Hamilton/Wentworth & Brantford is a commercial office cleaning services company specializing in providing outstanding cleaning, sanitizing and disinfecting services for businesses. We will work with you to create a program to regularly sanitize the computer keyboards, screens, telephone handsets and other high-touch point areas in your office—in order to significantly decrease the risk of infectious disease transmission, and provide a clean, healthy and safe workplace for your staff and visitors.
As rates of COVID-19 infection gradually decline and businesses cautiously emerge from the pandemic, ensuring thorough preventative cleaning and disinfecting prior to reopening offices and is crucial. As a business owner or manager, you can rely on ServiceMaster of Hamilton/Wentworth & Brantford to provide sanitizing services and regular cleaning and disinfecting for your office or facility, to ensure safe and healthy conditions for employees returning to the workplace.
Wood furniture is a valuable investment. Make sure it is protected properly with the expert care of ServiceMaster of Hamilton/Wentworth & Brantford. Using manufacturer recommended specialty wood-care products, processes and equipment, your wood furnishings will be gently but effectively cleaned and preserved, ensuring lasting beauty and a professional clean appearance.
Our professional cleaning products are specially formulated to nourish and enhance the depth and sheen of wood surfaces, and they do not include harmful ingredients such as alcohol or silicone, which damage wood finishes and attract dust, stains and finger marks.
More of our Specialty Services:
We provide the following services:
- Carpet maintenance sanitizing and deep cleaning
- Floor maintenance and deep cleaning
- Stripping and waxing of V.C.T. flooring
- Wall cleaning and sanitizing
- NoSlip® hard surface floor solutions
- Upholstery and fabric sanitizing and cleaning
- Complete unit turnovers (carpet, floors, walls, glass, kitchen and bath millwork and fixtures)
- Debris removal and sanitizing
- Biohazard clean ups
- Spot removal
- Odour removal
- Oriental rug cleaning and sanitizing
Emerging and Infectious Diseases
For years, ServiceMaster Clean have been the experts in creating clean, safe and healthy workplace environments. Our experience and training in healthcare spaces afford us the ability to promote safe practices for infection prevention within all businesses. We are fully equipped to provide you with the preventative and specialty cleaning services you need. ServiceMaster Clean provides a full range of cleaning and disinfection services that will help to keep your workplace healthy and productive.
Did you know?
Will there be an odour after you clean the carpets?
Depending on the type of carpet we’re cleaning, you may notice a faint scent. This is especially prevalent when cleaning wool carpets. The amount of time it takes for the odour to dissipate is usually within an hour but varies based on air circulation, heat and humidity. A big difference in the way ServiceMaster of Hamilton/Wentworth & Brantford cleans carpet compared to many of our competitors is that we do not put soap in our rinse water. We pre-spray the carpets, remove the spots, then use clean water extraction to ensure that we do not leave any soapy residue behind. This allows for fresh, clean carpets
Why should I get tile & grout professionally cleaned?
High traffic gradually dulls the floors and the grout becomes dark with dirt. Regular mopping only removes surface-level dirt and often leaves residual dirt in the grooves of the grout. This is particularly troublesome if your tile flooring has not been properly sealed as grout is highly porous.
Isn’t “clean”, “disinfect” and “sanitize” the same thing?
To the general public, these three terms — clean, disinfect, sanitize — are often used interchangeably. However, to a cleaning professional, these terms are not the same and can refer to very different outcomes. According to Public Health Canada and the U.S. Center for Disease Control, the definition of these terms are as follows:
- This refers to the removal of visible dirt and debris through the use of soap or detergent and water. While this process may remove germs from surfaces, it does not necessarily kill the germs. This said, the mere act of germ removal lowers their numbers and does help in reducing the risk of infection.
- With disinfection, germs are actually KILLED on surfaces through the use of chemicals. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
- Lastly, the term sanitize has its roots in the word “Sanitary” which is defined as “of or relating to health”. When you keep this in mind, to sanitize means lowering the number of germs on surfaces to a safe level, as judged by public health standards or requirements. This can be achieved by either cleaning and/or disinfecting surfaces to lower the risk of spreading infection.
Not to confuse you anymore, but as an added bonus, we’ll also define the term “sterilize” which is the process in which chemicals are used to kill ALL microbial life including bacteria, viruses, spores and fungi. This is a process that is very rarely undertaken in a facility outside of a healthcare setting.
So, for a cleaning professional, our disinfection process for your commercial facility is routinely a 2-step process - We clean first, then disinfect - in order to provide you with a sanitary facility in which to work!